Fundraising with Us
The Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter is a registered charity which relies solely on the kindness of the general public. We are not funded in any way by the government or any government agencies. In order to continue our work, we need to raise funds through different awareness campaigns.
Special Events Awareness Campaign
One of those campaigns is our special events meet and greet. Various venues allow us to bring our puppies, kittens and information to the public in a setting where we can reach individuals from all walks of life. We often hear wonderful stories from families who have adopted our animals — a fabulous treat! We are always in need of volunteers to assist with this initiative. Bring in your completed volunteer application with the “Special Events” option checked.
Coin Canister Program (Calling all Businesses)
A lot of our donations come from our coin canister program. This is simply a small canister with our identity (name, logo, etc) on the side which is placed near a sales register. Patrons then donate their leftover change. We pick up and return the canisters on a regular basis — no work for the business owner. If you are interested in this program, please call Carla Martinelli at 832-7387 or send an email.
Fundraising for Us
Here are a few fundraising ideas should you wish to support our shelter, but want to organize it yourself:
- hold a garage, bake or craft sale
- organize a social for the Shelter
- get every student, teacher and principal in your school to bring $0.25 -$1.00 and donate it to the shelter (challenge other schools in your division to do the same)
- organize a talent night and donate the proceeds of admission
- organize a “casual workday” at the office where those who wish to participate are required to donate $1.00 -2.00 per week
- have a donation jar at your next party
- create a gift basket and raffle it off at the office
- decline your office retirement gift and donate the funds to the Shelter instead