During this uncertain time, we wanted to update the community on some information regarding special steps we are taking at the Winnipeg Pet Rescue Shelter. As a shelter that handles animals in various states of health, we already follow a very stringent cleaning & disinfecting protocol, and this will continue with extra vigilance in all staff & public areas. The Shelter is, and will continue to be, a safe space for staff and visitors.
If you would like more information on why we have decided to stay open at this time, please read the latest update from our Director.
With the province’s decision to close all schools for the next few weeks, we would like to support the need for social distancing and avoid any large gatherings in our shelter. At this point, we will be open regular hours as there is still a need to assist vulnerable animals in our community . But we are asking you to visit only if you are actively looking to adopt an animal, make a donation, or purchase supplies & food from our retail store. We know people enjoy visiting our animals, but in this uncertain time we would like to be cautious. Please also refrain from visiting if you have recently travelled abroad or you are feeling ill.
Having decided to remain open it is essential that we adhere to Government guidelines as they apply to confining the spread of the virus. Although the Shelter has always maintained the the cleanest and most disinfected environment for the animals, staff and customers we have made some extra guidelines to be followed:
- The door will remain locked. However staff members will welcome customers into the Shelter limiting to the capacity to 8 persons at one time. Customers will be allowed entrance as others leave.
- Hand Sanitizer will be given to customers at the entrance. The entrance door will be cleaned with Lysol wipes after each person enters or leaves.
- Customers will be asked to maintain social distancing of 2 meters or 6 feet.
- Hand Sanitizer will be given to each person between interaction with animals or other people.
- The POS machine and Front Counter area are disinfected with Lysol wipes after each customer.
- Should you be experiencing any sickness, We Love You but please come back another time.
- We have limited the amount of volunteers to only 2 per day
- We have cancelled all group tours.
- Staff and Volunteers have been provided with rubber gloves and they are changed between interaction with animals or other persons
- Furnace Filters are being changed every two weeks.
These are just some of the implementations that have taken place. Workplace Safety and Health guidelines for employers have been thoroughly reviewed and implemented.
We are postponing any planned community fundraising events until further notice to support the government’s guidelines for social distancing and to keep our staff & supporters safe. With that being said, we hope that you will consider donating online. Without the ability to fundraise in the community, we need your support now more than ever.
If you have any questions, please reach out by phone at: 204-832-7387 or by email at: email@example.com